One of my favorite things to make on a rainy day, this comforting soup is guaranteed to hug the soul & warm the heart.
I love cooking, but never really document my recipes as I usually wing whatever I’m making. But after I posted a picture on Instagram, I received a ton of requests to share this surprisingly healthy cannabis-infused soup recipe.
I used my trusty LEVO, and some very dank organic Flow Kana nug, to create a delicious cannabis-infused extra virgin olive oil to medicate this dish (but you can also use a high-quality infused olive oil like Pot’d’Huile for a truly gourmet experience).
And since the cannabis-infused olive oil will be used to finish the dish at the end, you can control how much or how little you choose to dose yourself.
So without further ado, here is my recipe for a comforting cauliflower, broccoli, and cheddar cannabis-soup.
Cauliflower, Broccoli, & Cheddar Cannabis-Infused Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Non-infused olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2-3 tbsp Cannabis-infused olive oil (extra virgin )
- 1 clove Garlic (diced)
- Fresh scallions (diced)
- 1 Large yellow onion (chopped or sliced thinly)
- 1 Head of broccoli (stems included)
- 1 Head cauliflower florets
- 3- 4 cups Water, broth, or stock
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Leftover stale bread (for croutons)
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt (as needed)
- Pepper (as needed)
In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of non-infused olive oil and cook onions until slightly translucent.
Add the cauliflower and broccoli, red pepper flakes, and roughly 1-1.5 cups of chicken broth, vegetable stock, or water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Raise the heat to medium, cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
Add an additional 2.5 cups of broth or water as needed, and bring to a slight boil.
- Then, transfer the soup in batches to a vitamix or blender and purée until smooth (make sure you work in batches as you never want to fill your blender all then way to the top with hot liquid).
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese and let the soup stand for 10 minutes (or as long as you can wait).
- In the meantime season your stale bread, soon to be croutons, shred some of the remaining cheddar cheese on top, and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Once your soup has cooled slightly, you can thin it out with a few tablespoons of broth if needed.
- Finally transfer to a bowl, garnish with some freshly diced scallions, layer on the croutons, and drizzle with a few milligrams of cannabis-infused extra virgin olive.