One of my favorite things to make on a rainy day, this comforting soup is guaranteed to hug the soul & warm the heart.
I love cooking, but never really document my recipes as I usually wing whatever I’m making. But after I posted a picture on Instagram, I received a ton of requests to share this surprisingly healthy cannabis-infused soup recipe.
I used my trusty LEVO, and some very dank organic Flow Kana nug, to create a delicious cannabis-infused extra virgin olive oil to medicate this dish (but you can also use a high-quality infused olive oil like Pot’d’Huile for a truly gourmet experience).
So without further ado, here is my recipe for a comforting cauliflower, broccoli, and cheddar cannabis-soup.
Cauliflower, Broccoli, & Cheddar Cannabis-Infused Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp Non-infused olive oil (extra virgin)
- 2-3 tbsp Cannabis-infused olive oil (extra virgin )
- 1 clove Garlic (diced)
- Fresh scallions (diced)
- 1 Large yellow onion (chopped or sliced thinly)
- 1 Head of broccoli (stems included)
- 1 Head cauliflower florets
- 3- 4 cups Water, broth, or stock
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- Leftover stale bread (for croutons)
- 1 tbsp Red pepper flakes
- Salt (as needed)
- Pepper (as needed)
In a large pot add 2 tablespoons of non-infused olive oil and cook onions until slightly translucent.
Add the cauliflower and broccoli, red pepper flakes, and roughly 1-1.5 cups of chicken broth, vegetable stock, or water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Raise the heat to medium, cover with lid and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
Add an additional 2.5 cups of broth or water as needed, and bring to a slight boil.
- Then, transfer the soup in batches to a vitamix or blender and purée until smooth (make sure you work in batches as you never want to fill your blender all then way to the top with hot liquid).
- Mix in the shredded cheddar cheese and let the soup stand for 10 minutes (or as long as you can wait).
- In the meantime season your stale bread, soon to be croutons, shred some of the remaining cheddar cheese on top, and toast in the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Once your soup has cooled slightly, you can thin it out with a few tablespoons of broth if needed.
- Finally transfer to a bowl, garnish with some freshly diced scallions, layer on the croutons, and drizzle with a few milligrams of cannabis-infused extra virgin olive.