Enhance The Autumn Vibes With Cbd Mulled Apple Cider
We are already a month into fall and that means the holiday season is fast approaching.
It seems that once Halloween arrives, time speeds up and New Year’s Eve is here before we know it – a phenomenon known by some as Hallowthanksmas.
Croptober is one of my favorite times of year for ingredients. It’s period of transition, when the colors are still changing, the weather is shifting, and savory fruits and warm spices flood local markets.
As soon as I start to see apples, persimmons, and pumpkins popping up, that’s when I get the signal that the change in seasons truly is here and I know it’s time to make a batch of my signature mulled apple cider.
Spiked Cbd Mulled Apple Cider Recipe
- 2 quarts organic apple cider
- 5 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnishes)
- 1 large organic orange
- 2 tbsp whole cloves
- Bourbon or rum of your choice (optional)
- CBD tincture
- Add organic apple cider into a large pot or slow cooker
- Place whole cinnamon sticks into the liquid
- Embed cloves into the rind of an orange and place orange into the cider
- Cook on low until the spices really start to come through and the cider is hot (about 2.5-3 hours)
Carefully ladle cider directly from your pot or slow cooker into heat resistant cups Add one ounce of bourbon or rum (optional) Add 3-4 drops of your favorite CBD tincture Place a cinnamon stick in each glass to garnish and serve
The addition of CBD is sure to comfort the body and relax the mind. And since CBD is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid, you won’t need to worry worry about experiencing any negative synergistic effects when combined with alcohol. But of course, this fall-themed CBD cocktail can easily become a non-alcoholic mocktail by simply negating the booze.